The candidate should be capable of designing roads, junctions and foul and surface water drainage systems. Experience in Contract Administration or other civil engineering design would be advantageous. Working knowledge of WinDes/MicroDrainage, AutoCAD or Civils 3D would also be advantageous.
The candidate would be expected to manage projects within the office, liaising with colleagues and team leaders, to ensure adequate resources are allocated, deadlines met and budgets adhered to.
Liaison with clients and other professionals and attending meetings will also be necessary.
Structural Engineer or Building Surveyor (Conservation)
We are looking for an Engineer or Surveyor for our Heritage Team. Candidates should have the following attributes:
- A desire to work on the survey, assessment and adaptation of historic building and structures.
- A civil or structural engineering or building surveying degree background.
- At least 2 years’ experience working on projects involving the repair or refurbishment of existing structures.
- Good written and spoken use of English; some experience of writing reports.
- Good communication skills; able to convey concepts and questions at meetings, by telephone and in written and sketch format.
- Some experience of design in masonry and timber; experience in design in steel and concrete would be advantageous.
- Some knowledge of traditional types of building construction and methods.
- May or may not be Chartered.
CTP is an equal opportunities employer.
Please submit your CV to Mrs Tina Cattle at firstname.lastname@example.org or upload via our Careers page.